What is the Spring Farm Fair All About?
Bringing farmers, ranchers, public and vendors together who raise all different types of livestock, fruit trees, nurseries, poultry, grape vines, nuts, herbs, bees etc. Inviting farming businesses to attend and support farmers offering information on merchandise available and information on how it would impact their farm and improve their operation. Inviting the public to attend and have the option of purchasing items farmer direct and the ability to purchase from their local farmer in the future. Offering consumers the knowledge of what food they consume and how it’s handled, produced and processed.
The most important assets of this event is…
• to pass on firsthand knowledge
• to provide the opportunity to purchase farm animals & equipment
• to gather farmers in person to meet, talk and share
• to provide the public with that much needed information:
• where can I find what locally?
Attending farmers from the East & West Kootenays, Boundary and South Okanagan have the opportunity to sell their different types of livestock, crops, fruit trees, poultry, etc. while sharing their knowledge. They may share their expertise with new farmers or potential new farmers. To find a local farmer that can speak from experience and share their knowledge is priceless. Perhaps new farmers may even find a mentor who will teach them so they can eventually pass on knowledge to the next generation of farmers.
Attending Farm Vendors can display their products from the farm like soap, live baby chicks, honey, canning, weaving, eggs, garlic, vegetable seeds, bedding plants, grape vines, nuts, herbs, bees etc. There will be a specific indoor area for these vendors to set up their products on provided tables.
• Non-Commercial– $20
• Commercial – $50
Attending Farming Businesses will be there to support farmers in merchandise, equipment and farming expertise. They will provide info on what they carry, what can be ordered and provide farmers with one to one consultation to meet the farmers individual needs.
To register, please FILL OUT THE FORM and SUBMIT A PAYMENT with your registration.
Pay by Cheque or Credit Card (using our PayPal Form) or PayPal account if you have one.
Please remember that your name will only be added to the
List Of Pre Registered Farmers, Vendors & Businesses
when full payment has been received.
For your convenience and reference we have a copy of the MAP at the bottom of this page.
Pre-registration would be appreciated to have your information and products listed on our website.
We need at least 30 paid vendors to host the fair or we will have to cancel the Fair.
2019 Spring Farm Fair Application Form
IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE REGISTERING, PLEASE CALL 250-365-7273
Before completing “Accommodation Type” above, please read below:
- In the final box on the application form, you will enter the accommodation type you want, choosing the code shown there.IE: Box Stalls enter #1, Specialty Box Stalls enter #1+ and Ground Spaces enter #2 plus the number of spaces you would like …Box Stalls 10’ x 10’ enter #1 (see map)Specialty Box Stalls 12’ x 12’ enter #1+ (see map)
- If you need cages indicate with C plus the number of cages
- Vendor Outside Ground Space enter #2 (see map)
- If Ground Space, also enter how many Ground Spaces you require IE: #2-3
This map of the grounds displays the available accommodations on the 3rd annual Spring Farm Fair. You may park anywhere in the designated parking area however the parking lots are unsupervised and we ask you to be mindful about how you park. Please only occupy one parking spot per vehicle. The concession has tables in a covered area, serving hotdogs and hamburgers including pop/water and coffee/tea. Dogs are allowed as long as they are on leash and cleaned up after. To find out which farmer, vendor or business is displayed where, please see the List of Pre-Registered Farmers, Vendors & Businesses for their individual Space #. This list is frequently updated.
- BOX STALLS – #1 & SPECIALTY BOX STALLS #1+
- VENDOR GROUND SPACE #2 (with or without outside tables)
- VENDOR INSIDE TABLES #3
- COVERED PENS #4
- RABBIT PETTING ARENA
- VENDOR GROUND SPACE FOR VENDORS WITH VEHICLES/TRAILERS